Old December 13th 18, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default LXNAV 8000 OAT Incorrect

Not just the "gentle observation" but from a continuous stream of abuse
leveled at the US, especially and surprisingly from Australia.Â* Of
course that was just one person.Â* I've made several trips to Australia
and always loved the country and the people.Â* I'm just tired of the the
metric-centric bunch and their almost daily tirades about us.Â* The
metric system is great!Â* Use it in good health but, please, get off our
backs because we choose to use the imperial system.

On 12/12/2018 10:40 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 4:47:47 PM UTC, Dan Marotta wrote:
Not at all.Â* Winning independence from an oppressive government does not
mean that a country must cleanse itself of everything taken from that
government, nor does receiving help from the French in our war of
independence mean that we have to take their form of government,
measurements, literature, etc.Â* What's ironic is that the rest of the
world can't stay out of our business.Â* Everyone hates the USA, yet they
all line up for the benefits to be gained from the US. Take care of
yourselves for a change, pay your own bills for once, and leave us
alone.Â* And you might take the UN with you when you leave.

And you get all that from a gentle observation!? Quite alarming really.

--
Dan, 5J