Old March 13th 04, 03:51 PM
Eric Greenwell

Mackfly wrote:
From: Michael I Green

My dual input ( 12 VDC & 115 VAC) battery charger died on me last
summer. Does anyone know of a replacement? I would be satisfied with
just a 12 VDC input for a 12V 7-10 Ah Powersonic Battery.

Mike for about $39.95 or less you can pick up an inverter---power it from your
12VDC source and use a 110/120VAC charger. That's how I charge up on the
"ramp". Works fine as long as you can park your car / truck close to the
sailplane. Mac

Get a 400 watt unit, not a smaller one. Battery chargers draw relatively
high peak currents, so you need an inverter that can supply those. You'd
think a 100W inverter wouldn't have any trouble with a 12 volt, 1 amp
output charger (only 12 watts!), but they often do.

You don't save much on a smaller one, anyway.
--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA