Old April 25th 05, 10:36 PM
Matt Whiting

Dylan Smith wrote:

In article , Matt Whiting wrote:

Yeah, then you'll complain that nobody listens to you :~)

I don't mind if the net nannies don't listen! :-)

Netiquette isn't about net nannies. It's like saying 'please', 'thank
you' and not letting doors slam in the faces of people following you.
Trimming quoted material is netiquette - the manners of Usenet (and
other online forums). It is the equivalent of holding open the door for
the person after you in real life; politeness.

Maybe one day it'll no longer be September 1993.

If the net nanny had made a polite request, I might have responded
differently. I don't recall exactly, but it seems the comment was
something like "You too, Matt." Not exactly a polite request.

Matt