Old April 26th 05, 11:12 AM
Dylan Smith

In article 8GUae.17388$NU4.3706@attbi_s22, Jay Honeck wrote:
b) Political correctness, dictated by umpteen zillion stupid lawsuits over
the years, dictates that the TSA must frisk EVERYONE, even though any idiot
knows that a 93 year old woman in a wheelchair is probably not a security
risk. It's a sign of the times, not of the TSA.

Actually - if you want your security to work then you *cannot* profile.
It's not a case of political correctness. If you only frisk brown
people, soon the terrorists will find non-brown extremists to perpetrate
attacks. If you only frisk people who bought last minute one way tickets
over the Internet, the terrorists will start gettin their tickets from a
traditional travel agents, pay by cheque and buy a return ticket.

Even so, the airport security the US has now is window-dressing - the
only things that have actually increased security is a locked flight
deck door policy and the fact that the passengers will now take out any
would-be hijacker instead of going quietly (witness what happened with
the attempted shoe bombing).

In Britain, our airport security isn't anywhere near as onerous and
intrusive, yet we've not had any attacks-by-airliner since Sept.11, and
Britain is hated every bit as much by the terrorists. (We can even carry
nail clippers and knitting needles on airliners now, yay us).

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net