Old January 24th 04, 01:09 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

Does it? Yes, it mentions "via RUT VOR/DME" in the missed text, but
there aren't actually any fixes that use DME from RUT. The only DME
callout I see in the missed is GITEW, which is I-RUT 16.4.

I can't see any reason this approach wouldn't be flyable with the RUT
DME out of service, as long as the VOR azimuth was still operating.

I didn't say the procedure used DME information from RUT VOR/DME. The
navaid is called a VOR/DME. The missed approach procedure includes a climb
to 2600 via direct to the VOR/DME and then the 221 radial from it. You
can't do that if the navaid is out of service.