Old August 26th 03, 09:58 PM
Juan E Jimenez

I think you are going to have a hard time finding LED's that are bright
enough to do this and meet the FAA requirements for strobe lights.

Juan

"pekka1510" wrote in message
om...
Hello fellow aviators,

Does anyone has deeper knowledge of the following thing?
I have been thinking to modify Strobe/Nav.Light system. Halogen bulbs
will be replaced with ultra bright leds.
Benefits; low current draw, cheaper than incandenscent bulbs, long
life time.
Low points; narrow beam, mechanically challenging .... BUT....

Does semiconductor LEDs work near with strobe flashtubes (HIGH
VOLTAGE)??? I am looking ElectroMagneticCompatibility.

Anyone experiences or recommendations, please?

regards,
pekka, FL