Old August 26th 03, 11:32 PM
Juan E Jimenez

A while back Jim Weir said he was working on something like this -- at least
he was asking where to find the specs, then he asked if anyone had the
expertise and hardware to do the analysis of the output of the unit to see
if it met the specs. However, he did not say he was planning to put them
inside an assembly next to strobe flashtubes.

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

"pekka1510" wrote in message

Does semiconductor LEDs work near with strobe flashtubes (HIGH
VOLTAGE)??? I am looking ElectroMagneticCompatibility.

Anyone experiences or recommendations, please?

Can't answer the question about interoperability with flashtubes, but

these
are starting to show up for marine use, however there's nowhere near
bright enough (at least the marine ones) to meet the Part 23 brightness
requirement for position lights.

You need up to 40 candela over 110 degrees horizontal and +/- 90
degrees vertical. Can be done I guess, but can't find anything canned
that has that kind of specs.