Old August 27th 03, 01:27 AM
Dave S

From my observations, I will say they are VERY compatible...

There are traffic signals on stretches of road that place white strobe
tubes across the red LED signals of the latest generation of stoplights,
as an attention-getter for the red light (I see it mostly on highways
that have a long stretch of nothing with a red light in the middle of
nowhere.. easy to get road hypnosis and ignore)...

Also, many of the latest generation emergency vehicle lighting signals
have both LED and Strobe tubes in close proximity.. and we are talking
LOTS of strobe tubes... not just one..

I do believe aviation tubes have a higher amount of joules than the
typical 10 joules used in public safety applications, but if
non-aviation applications are any indication, it should be workable.

Dave

pekka1510 wrote:

Hello fellow aviators,

Does anyone has deeper knowledge of the following thing?
I have been thinking to modify Strobe/Nav.Light system. Halogen bulbs
will be replaced with ultra bright leds.
Benefits; low current draw, cheaper than incandenscent bulbs, long
life time.
Low points; narrow beam, mechanically challenging .... BUT....

Does semiconductor LEDs work near with strobe flashtubes (HIGH
VOLTAGE)??? I am looking ElectroMagneticCompatibility.

Anyone experiences or recommendations, please?

regards,
pekka, FL