Old January 25th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Casey Wilson

Default Strap-on headlamps and their ilk

I'd like to revisit a topic bandied about on this newsgroup many moons ago.
At the time I wasn't in the market for one of those LED gizmos that straps
on the head -- now I am.
I vaguely recall there being some adverse criticism about the inability
to control what was perceived as "too bright." Is that still the case? Or
have the devices improved since then?
If you use one, do you strap it on before takeoff? Or wait until it is
needed to put it on? Do you put in on under or over your headset? In either
case, how long can you tolerate it?
I did some unsuccessful Googling to see if I could find one that will
clip onto the side or top of the headset. Anybody seen something like that?
(I did find the one that will clip onto the bill of a cap, but it didn't
seem like it would work on the headset.)

--
Regards,

Casey Wilson
Freelance Writer