Old April 27th 20, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default COVID-19 Operational Considerations

My flying buddy declines my offer to pick him up.Â* Instead, his wife
will drive 2 hours to the airport, get his trailer, and go get him. I
told him I could get his trailer with my car, come, watch him derig, and
he could ride back in the trailer! :-D

Hello, hello...Â* Is this thing on...?

On 4/27/2020 7:40 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
For landouts I suggest that the PIC of a private single place glidder must provide PPEs (masks, gloves, wipes) in his retrieve vehicle - and advertise such before launch.

Otherwise no one might agree to go get him. He will then be forced to hitch/Uber/Lyft a ride home ("Can you please pick me up along a dirt road at coordinates X and Y? [click] Hello? Hello?"), drive back with his self-rigger, and disassemble his glider by himself. All in all an unlikely scenario.

--
Dan, 5J