Old April 23rd 21, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Default SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT

A bit of a heads up for all you Garmin InReach users.
My flying partner UQ and I have both experienced the " sudden lack of map displayed" to contacts sent to phenomenon . The sent map info is blank.
And a couple of other random setting changes that the InReach seems to do to us.
Might be best before you head out into the wild blue is test your InReach as you would normally use it flying, maybe turn it on, select a few contacts to send to, like your own SMS and email address and drive to the store and back and see if its working correctly.
Might be worth a few minutes to hook it up to your laptop and dig into it and see where its at.
Fly safe in 2021
Nick