Old August 10th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default OLV GPS 36 approach question

John Clonts wrote:

wrote:

It seems to me you are ignoring the depiction of the southern sector on
the map view that shows 2800. This applies to aircraft inbound to
DOCAP from anywhere southern. Why are you saying that it does not
apply? (I.e. why is the controller allowed to clear the a/c to DOCAP
and descend to 2100?).

2,100 applies at DOCAP per the IAP. The MVA is 2,000 to the west of
DOCAP and 2,100 to the east.

Again, a more consistent handling with the IAP profile and human-factors
would have been for ATC to assign 2,800 to DOCAP.