Old July 16th 11, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default MSL vs. AGL (Again)

On Jul 15, 9:37*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 7/15/2011 1:16 PM, T8 wrote:

On Jul 14, 10:20 pm, *wrote:
The MSL/AGL issue has come before the Caesar Creek Soaring Club Board
once again. Not only has the Club been thrown into turmoil again, this
time it has specifically affected our instructors and how to most
effectively teach our students. I am curious if there are other Clubs
or organizations that teach using AGL.
Rolf Hegele
Member of the Board

Is there even *one* good argument for setting the altimeter to zero on
the runway?

You live anywhere in Florida?

email me)

That would be a coincidence, not an argument :-).

Cripes, even my little podunk state of NH has 6288 feet of topographic
relief. I set my altimeter to the low point :-) (also a coincidence).

-T8