Old March 28th 16, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Is Trizact worth the money?

On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 10:30:18 AM UTC-4, vontresc wrote:
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 7:48:50 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 7:28:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm curious to know if experienced glider sanders think the 3m trizact is worth the money they charge for it. I can get more than twice the number of 3000 grit 3m purple sanding disks for the same price. They don't have the foam backing - but I can fix that. Is the trizact 3000 more than twice as good as the regular stuff?

We think so in our shop.
Report back on your results with cheaper alternative.
UH

Hank do they make 5" Trizact pads? I have a nice Festools 5" orbital, but it seems that the Trizact only comes in 3" and 6" sizes?

After doing the bottom of one wing by hand I will take your advice to use an orbital sander ;-)

Peter

Available in 5 and 6 inch. I don't have the 5 inch part numbers.
UH