Old April 12th 16, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert M

Default Grob 109

On Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 8:35:28 PM UTC-6, jeplane wrote:

Here is the scoop:

- Grob is no longer represented in the US. Parts availability is
starting to be a problem.

Grob gliders and motorgliders are not orphans.

I represent both Grob Aerospace, who support both models of the G-109 and Fiberglas-Technik Rudolf Lindner who supports the G-102, G-103 and G-104 gliders and selflaunch gliders.

Grob Aerospace has a friendly customer support lady who has been very helpful in making sure I order the correct parts for customers and getting them out the door quickly.

Lindner has provided wonderful support the the 102, 103 and 104. Almost every part customers have needed have been available off the shelve. Including canopies.

I am authorized to repair all Grob models mentioned above.

Motors for the 109s is an issue. Almost all owners I speak to want more power. The problem comes when thinking about alternative motors for a U.S. Type Certificated aircraft. I know of no reasonable priced alternatives but if some one comes up with a viable option and has the money to make it happen I'll help in any way I can.

Robert Mudd
A&P, I.A. Commercial and CFI for Gliders and Airplanes, Single and MEL
Composite Aircraft Repair LLC
Moriarty, New Mexico USA