Old April 16th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Options After Items Flagged as Unairworthy (was TBO and Airworthiness)

Denny wrote:
In retrospect, I also wonder what the
insurance company would have had to say if anything had gone wrong?

Tom

We are getting deep into 'what if's', but think it through... The Ins.
Co. says the plane must be kept legally airworthy to be covered for
inflight risk... Who defines what is/not airworthy - the FAA... The
form you have from the FAA says it IS legally airworthy for the
duration of that listed flight...

Maybe not. Every policy I've had stated that the airplane must comply with
its standard airworthiness certificate. If it's out of annual, it's out of
compliance. A special airworthiness certificate (represented by the Ferry
Permit) is not the same as the standard airworthiness certificate. At least
according to the aviation insurance policies I've had experience with.

I've made flights under ferry permits and in all cases, the insurance
companies had to approve the flight and fax a waiver.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)