Old November 16th 15, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Help info needed on oudie n ewmicrorecorder

Hi Dan,

As others have stated, I do recommend connecting the EW microRecorder to the
Oudie. The Oudie would benefit from the better GPS data and you would be
able to send task declarations from the Oudie to the EW microRecorder.

However, as others have also stated, do NOT connect the Oudie power/data
cable directly to the EW microRecorder. Customers have done that and fried
their EW microRecorder units. You need an adapter cable for connecting them
together. I sell an adapter cable ($50) which can be used with the RJ45
Coupler that was supplied with the Oudie. You power the Oudie power/data
cable with 12V and it powers the EW with 12V and the Oudie with 5V.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
______________________________________

"dan nezgoda" wrote in message

I am an old geezer returning to soaring after years of hiatus. I go back
to sectional maps, hand held final glide calcs n cameras mounted to the
canopy. I purchased a glider with an oudie and a ew microrecorder with a
handfull of cables.
a few questions:
I can work the oudie ok, its great and I understand the microrecorder
records flight data, but

-does the ew recorder record the flight data it captures itself? I see
the remote gps is plumbed to the recorder.

-does the recorder record the data it gets from the ouies gps?

-do I need to have an interconnect between the oudie and the recorder?
or can I just let the ew recorder capture its internal data to give me a
record of the flight. I see some comments saying improper plumbing of
oudie to ew recorder will cook the ew recorder.
Any help will surely be appreciated.

Dan

--
dan nezgoda