Old February 8th 12, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zulu

Default Transponder reminder: 1202, do NOT ident unless requested by ATC

On Feb 7, 8:47*pm, Uwe Kleinhempel wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:19*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:

Reminders from the SSF/SSA safety briefing at Reno:

(1) The 1202 transponder code for gliders is effective
nationwide this week. Do contact your local ATC and
make sure they are expecting this...

(2) Do NOT press IDENT unless specifically requested
to do so by ATC.

Lets all be good neighbors out there,
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"- Hide quoted text -

Dave:

I went to the FAA web site to look for the new order which should be
JO 7110.66E, but found nothing but the old order (just subtract one
letter from the end of the one I've just mentioned.) One would think
that the Feds would have the current order posted along with the
effective date. On the other hand they may be waiting until Feb. 9 to
make it available on the internet to the un-washed masses.
I'll check again after that date.

Zulu