Old January 16th 04, 04:31 AM
JDMX5er

In article , Roy Smith
writes:

Every plane I've ever flown has a mechanical stall warning device (some
visual, some aural), but apparantly it's possible to certify a plane
without one. Does anybody know of any real life examples of planes
certified without stall warning devices?

The IAI 1124 Westwind jet I fly does not have any stall warning devices
installed. I have not taken it to a full stall and break, but it does give
plenty of warning, via buffeting, of an impending stall.

G. Lee
(If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it ain't fixed, don't fly it.)