Old January 16th 04, 05:06 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:21:48 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Roy Smith" wrote in message
Every plane I've ever flown has a mechanical stall warning device (some
visual, some aural), but apparantly it's possible to certify a plane
without one. Does anybody know of any real life examples of planes
certified without stall warning devices?

My Aeronca 7AC has no mechanical stall warning device. Few aircraft of that
vintage do.

The Citabria I learned to fly on (7ECA) was licensed under the same
certificate as the 7AC, and it didn't have a stall warning device.

They are certified, of course, but very few of the 25,000 homebuilts in the
US have mechanical stall warning systems. Of course, the bracing wires of
my Fly Baby sing "Nearer My God to Thee" when I get too slow.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja