Old February 16th 04, 08:01 PM
Bob

Default Small plane with the best range?

Hello,

I've been reading news on flying for quite a while and these seems to
be the most well-informed groups (the googles)writer on the net. I
would therefore like to have your personnal opinion on a question. I
live in Northern Quebec (Yes, I'm french speaking so forgive the
spelling mistakes) and practice as a lawyer in the Nordic region of
Quebec with native people (no road access), we always travel by plane
(Gruman G-1, dash-8 or twin otter) and, as everyone, I am limited to
the schedule of these companies. I would like to fly my own plane to
these community; I would be able to charge less to my client for
travelling, I would be able to use these portion of flying as tax
deductible (and parts of the plane expense) and that would give me the
possibility of mixing my career with flying. My town airport as a
10000 feet (yes almost two miles, it used to be military) airstrip and
we are located at 1016 feet ASL. The kind of places I would like to
go are Great-Whale (500 statute miles), Chisasibi (300 statute miles),
Kuujuaq(800 statute miles) and Puvirnituq (850 statute miles ), of
course I will be able to fuel between these objectives. My question
finally!

-From your personnal opinion what is the best small single-engine
plane for this kind of use?

-The number of seats is irrelevant, I don't intent to carry
passengers;
-the payload is irrelevant( except for fuel), I travel light;
-the speed is not a major item;
-I don't like taildagger, the crosswind can be strong up there;
-range is the major item, avgas or mogas is harder to get in the small
airport the northern community (You often have to buy the whole 45
gallons drum)so refuelling is very time-consuming;
-Price range would be less than 55,000 canadian $ (about 40,000 us$)

If you need more precision do not hesitate to contact me

Thank you very much for your collaboration,

Yours Truly

Bob

Province of Quebec, Canada