Old February 16th 04, 10:11 PM
Kyler Laird

(Bob) writes:

The kind of places I would like to
go are Great-Whale (500 statute miles), Chisasibi (300 statute miles),
Kuujuaq(800 statute miles) and Puvirnituq (850 statute miles ), of
course I will be able to fuel between these objectives.

-range is the major item, avgas or mogas is harder to get in the small
airport the northern community (You often have to buy the whole 45
gallons drum)so refuelling is very time-consuming;

So are you saying that you'd like to be able to go to Puvirnituq and
back (1700 sm) without refueling? That *is* quite a distance. The
planes I'm around are only suited for going about half that distance.

Is kerosene (jet fuel) much easier to acquire in such places? There
are single-engine turboprops and diesels that will run on that.

--kyler