Old September 25th 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Sylvia Else

Default Early Airbus A-3X series: 'Shear' effect on aft-most rows

On 25/09/2014 4:12 AM, wrote:
Early Airbus A-3X series: 'Shear' effect on aft-most rows

On the first two Airbus widebody entrants(the 300 & 310), I distinctly noticed that the rear-most 10-12 passenger windows actually shear up, as do the ends of a classic ocean liner, along with the rows corresponding to that end of the cabin.

I had the chance to ride in an A-300 back in the Eastern days and was booked back in that section. The floor does slant up toward the tail back there, just not as drastically as the windows from the exterior would suggest.

Any particular reason why (only) Airbus designed their fine widebodies that way?

Airliners are flexible. Maybe it straightens out in flight.

Sylvia.