Old May 25th 19, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default ASH25 out to kill you?

On Saturday, May 25, 2019 at 7:52:01 AM UTC-5, ripacheco1967 wrote:
I know I’m just learning about all this but reading this about the ASH 25 really made me pause.
(I have a lot of ours on GA aircraft and moving into gliders.)

http://gliding.co.nz/wp-content/uplo...n%20Nelson.pdf

«...The consequence of moving the stick forward with force or aggressively in an Open Class glider is that you may achieve a nose down attitude from which there is no recovery...»

Even a piper meridian wouldn’t be that mean to a pilot.

Is this common place in the glider world?

Yes, they are incredibly dangerous. Please give me your ASH-25 so that you can live a long life. :-)

Steve Leonard