Old December 31st 04, 02:11 AM
Ric

"Denny" wrote in message
ps.com...

"Well, it's some better." - I say... The ceiling is dropping and ten
miles out we are forced down to 800 feet to stay out of the clag... We
smiles... I pull the mixture to cut off - and the engine continues to
run - and run, and run, shaking and wallowing like a wet dog - Steve
is not smiling... I goose the throttle to break the vacuum that is
pulling fuel through the carb, and it winds down... "Well, that's not
better." - I say... Back to square one!

I would have thought that this problem would have manifested itself when the
engine was shutdown after the test run and leak check post carby fittment.

Ric