Old April 20th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

"tman" inv@lid wrote in message
news

Wow thanks for all the help guys. I showed this post and thread to
the two potential pax.

Why would you do that?

Anyways, I think my weight problem is solved.

Did you consider offloading fuel? I routinely do that on long XC's in my
182. For practical purposes, flight legs should be less than 3 hours for
biological considerations, so having 5 or 6 hours' worth of fuel on board is
doing nothing but adding worthless weight to the plane.

Another good investment (if you own or rent very similar models) is a fuel
measuring stick calibrated for the model you fly. This gives you a much
better reading than the Mk1 EB.

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer