Old December 29th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Default Graphene gliders

On Dec 29, 3:31*am, Anne wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:04*am, RL wrote:

At the SSA Conference in PHL we're doing a session on Future
Composites and I'll be discussing the latest graphene and smart
materials technology. We are indeed approaching a tipping point where
nano-reinforcements and active materials will change the structural
paradigm, which in turn will drive aerodynamic advancements.

Bob

I'd be more concerned about vertical acceleration in turbulence and
cracking my head on the canopy if the glider were really this light.

1200 pounds gross is where I would like to be - it might be a
challenge to find space for 900 lbs of water ballast.

Mike

BTDT! Bashed the canopy OFF my Speed Astir with my cranium a couple
years ago!