View Single Post
Old September 5th 20, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

Default Flight Log Not Complete

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 1:43:44 PM UTC-6, Thomas Dixon wrote:
On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 9:05:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:
After my glider flight today I downloaded my flight log from the LX9050 to an SD card as usual. When uploading for an OLC claim I get the message "A clock jump was found in the recording. The flight was shortened from there". Only the last 7 minutes of the flight is indicated. It was a 3 hour flight and the file size is the about the same for my other flights of similar duration. I won't know if this is a one time thing or if there is a bigger problem until I fly again. Has anyone else had this happen?

This happened to me with my ClearNav. I was turning off my instrument shortly after landing and then turning it back on later to download flight. The last roughly 20 minutes would be missing. I contacted Rex Williams and was told this would happen if I turned it off right after landing for some software reason the last few minutes would not record. I now wait until I am clear of the runway and back at the trailer then download and turn it off. No longer have any missing flight track.
Boise. ID

That's quite a buffer lag to write to storage, but it's exists to some extent in other loggers. Accident flight logs are sometimes missing the final moments due to power interruption before the buffer writes to storage.

Frank Whiteley