Old July 14th 04, 05:58 AM
vincent p. norris

Nothing major, Just stood tall before the wing commander for things like
rolling up my sleeves, wearing brown boots, flying too close when coming into
the overhead.

Brings back a happy memory. As a green, wet-behind-the-ears and
smart-ass Midshipman in F- Stage at Saufley Field, back in 1950, I was
scheduled to fly with an Air Force pilot on exchange duty named
Gschwandtner (unforgettable name). I had already "learned" that an
Air Force formation was "two or more airplanes going the same
direction on the same day," so I determined to show this guy how we
(budding) Naval Aviators fly formation.

So I hung in as close to him as I could and was delighted to read on
my "report card" that I "holds good formation but flies too close."

Made my day!

But the brown boots were strictly legal, were they not? Even we cadets
wore brown shoes, in those days.

vince norris