Old July 24th 18, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default grob main wheel and brake disk

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 4:55:41 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:

DOT 5 "will work", but it is even MORE water hungry than others.

Yes, I made a bold statement, I will do my best to provide GOOD relevant links to prove, not just me stating it. Say, within 24hrs?

Any progress on this question? Every source I've seen
says something like "Unlike polyethylene glycol based fluids,
Dot 5 is hydrophobic." My first reaction was that the stuff
must act like a rabid raccoon, so I had to look the word up,
but I think it means the fluid has no affinity for water.

At least, that's the way I understand it.

Jim Beckman