Old August 7th 03, 05:34 PM
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:17:09 GMT, Fred J. McCall
wrote:

:Pretty much standard North American Scotch-mist jockaramic mythology.

What the hell is that supposed to mean in English?

The customary "Scotch-Irish" psuedo-clan folk myths.

What are you smoking to get THAT out of the paragraph you quote? I
merely note the fact as it existed. The McCalls in that particular
part of North Carolina were numerous and known to be a touchy and
feuding lot if crossed.

Unlike n-thousand others in the same time and place? Or millions of
others elsewhere?

You somehow permute this into, well, I'm not
sure WHAT you permuted it into.

I believe you're selectively projecting your own preconceptions onto
the past.

Looks to me like you have a lot of your own silly prejudices you need
to learn to get around.

Undoubtedly, but they're not actually on display in this thread.

Gavin Bailey

--

"...this level of misinformation suggests some Americans may be
avoiding having an experience of cognitive dissonance."