Old December 5th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

Default Whats it take to get a ride on a jump seat

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"Mike" nospam @ aol.com wrote in message

| As usual, Maxie doesn't know what he's squawking about.
|
| It depends on the airline in question, but mustaches are generally
tolerated
| and some even allow beards under certain criteria.
|
| Riding in the jump seat is highly overrated. Even back in the day when
| could ride jumpseat, I preferred to ride in the back, even if it was in
| coach.

Well by all means little Mikey Mouth, what airlines allow beards that
interrupt the seal of an O2 mask.

None, but that wasn't what I claimed, Okie.

How about you name one single airline that DOESN'T allow mustaches, as you
claimed?

Have you ever worn an aviation O2 mask?

Obviously not.

I don't know of any major domestic airlines that allow them, although that
doesn't mean they don't. Mostly it's just a few regionals and foreign
carriers. The point is it's up to the airline in question.

Here's one that does allow them, but there are several more.

http://www.arcticcircleair.com/Jumpseating.htm