Old May 17th 05, 11:44 AM
Frode Berg

I sin brennende iver bablet John Gaquin ivei :
"Jase Vanover" wrote in message
news:3%She.467 \
I googled for other bird strike stories

You did fine. In a perfect world, you probably should have just
landed, but you and your instructor could see the impact point and
most of the results; would take a hell of a bird to damage the strut
on a cessna.
When I was flying commuter c402s I was landing in New Bedford one
day, just about in the flare, when a whole flock of gulls crossed me
in flight. Never saw them coming. The hits sounded like hammer
blows - 7 or 8 as I recall. A few off the nose and windscreen, just
bounces, but 5 along the right leading edge. Looked like someone had
taken a sledge to it. Had to replace the whole edge skin. Got a
note from the owner trying to tell me that birdstrikes are pilot
error. I still have the note.

Haha!

Thats a great one!!
Pilot error!
I guess bug squashing is also pilot error?
Let's all try to avoid the little buggers. Should make for some interesting
flight paths on take offs and landings...:-)

Frode