Old March 17th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Discus 2a cockpit size

On Mar 16, 4:58*pm, Tim Taylor wrote:
I doubt anyone over 5'11" fits in one well. Your weight will also
matter as well as shoulder width. If you are doing it to save money,
don't. If you do please don't fly near me. The "a" cockpit is great
for those it was designed for (5'10" and 180 pounds or less) but can
be dangerous for others. Anyone taller will be too far back in the
cockpit and too tight to look around well.

I'm glad to hear (see) someone else other than me making this point.

In my opinion if you cannot easily see back 45 deg behind your wing
tip your field of view is restricted to the point you may be a hazard
to yourself and others.

Andy