Old September 30th 14, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Twin Astir Retractable gear door mechanism pictures

On Friday, September 19, 2014 1:01:05 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Anyone out there got any pictures, diagrams or a good description of the linkage that closes and opens the gear doors and its attachment points on the doors and main wheel strut? The doors on the one in my club were broken long ago (we are on a fairly rough grass field) and never refitted. I'm now trying to figure out how replacement units would would attach and be connected.

LTB Lindner in Germany has the legal rights to Grob sailplanes including spare parts and parts manufacture. I checked on the Twin gear doors last year because one our ours (we have 3) has the early 2 piece larger gear door, and we want to replace it with the newer single panel door. The quote from Lindner was 350 Euros for a replacement gear door kit to do both doors.

Lindner has the spare parts and/or the ability to manufacture new ones if they are needed. http://www.ltb-lindner.com/g-103-ad-sb.html