Old November 27th 03, 09:45 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:Hqrxb.128107$Dw6.561599@attbi_s02...
However, I believe some posters have been trying to state the obvious,

which
is: Religion is a powerful force for both good and evil. Gullible people
can be misled easily with the whole "fear of eternal damnation" threat.

Yes, a belief system is a very powerful motivator. It is worse than
unfortunate that there are those who exploit this for their own ends and to
the detriment of humanity. Perhaps in the future there will need to be
stricter limits on religious freedoms, who knows.

I think this thread has played itself out. Have a happy Thanksgiving
everyone!