Old June 11th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Woellhaf

Default OT American decline in tech was: ENvironmentally Friendly ...

Matt Whiting wrote
... One of the reasons I left the software world in the mid 90s is the
prevailing culture of mediocrity.

Unintentionally encouraged by management, in my experience.

I was always researching techniques to improve software reliability and
predictability, looking at more robust languages such as Ada, more
reliable operating systems, etc., but my colleagues much preferred
languages such as C and OSes such as Windows that have holes you can drive
a truck through.

I'm able to write lousy programs in both Ada and C. g