Old August 28th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Boy Who Flew With Condors - Dick Johnson? Other Comments

* While I am sure that many of the soaring types shown in the movie
are the real deal, did the two teenagers (Chris Jury and Margaret ???)
exist or were they simply Hollywood actors? If real, did they do
their own flying (the Torres Pines beach takeoff especially).

I found this link that mentions some more about Chris Jury. He got
his diamond altitude at the age of 14 on Apr. 5 1964, it says.
Sadly,
it also mentions he lost his life in a power plane crash in the 1970s.