Old March 10th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

In article
,
BobR wrote:

On Mar 9, 3:36*pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
This got me thinking, a rudderless Ercoupe in a multi-directional wind
landing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2NJFrvYls

Do you (I) really want a home that close to a GA landing strip? Yet I see
megabuck homes in my neck of the woods

Do I want a home that close to a GA Landing Strip? DAMN Right I Do!
I would take one in a heartbeat and love it.

I DO live on a residential airpark (We have about 600 planes) and it is
GREAT! The most noise comes from the yard maintenance people.

Today we had our annual Wings and Wheels event, with many formation
flybys, including 2 P-51 Mustangs, 3 SX-300s and many others.

See:
eaa288.org
http://www.sprucecreekowners.com/
http://www.scpoa.com/
http://fly-in.com/

It is the largest (and, IMHO the best) residential airpark in the world.
We also have more based aircraft than any other airport in Florida.

I moved here 9 years ago and am having a BLAST!