Old March 10th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Highflyer

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

"BobR" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 3:36 pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
This got me thinking, a rudderless Ercoupe in a multi-directional wind
landing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2NJFrvYls

Do you (I) really want a home that close to a GA landing strip? Yet I see
megabuck homes in my neck of the woods

Do I want a home that close to a GA Landing Strip? DAMN Right I Do!
I would take one in a heartbeat and love it.

http://www.visualtour.com/shownp.asp?prt=85&t=1217861

http://preview.tinyurl.com/39avgz Use satellite mode

Am I missing something? Isn't this a bit off the safety charts?
--

Why do you feel it is off the safety charts? I don't see any issue
with safety beyond any neighborhood anywhere else. You are not

Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!

There are airparks and airparks. Some have adequate width runways and
taxiways. I have also landed at some that made me feel like I was attacking
Darth Vader with an X-wing. I landed at one where I had about twenty feet
clearance for my wingtips while descending into the canyon made by
encroaching hangars and homes! I was NOT comfortable. I came there from
another airpark with a 22 foot wide runway, where I felt perfectly
comfortable, even in a brisk crosswind because they kept the homes and
hangars well back from the runway.

Highflyer