Old October 25th 04, 03:55 AM
Bill Daniels

"Bernie Lewis" wrote in message
om...
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/10/1098162021.html

Actually it was the Monte Vista airport, I was there the next morning.
According to the tire marks, he touched down very near the approach
end and almost got stopped on the hard surface...went into the
over-run a bit, but a good job on a narrow runway.

Bernie

I heard the copilot, remembering his Cessna days. clicked the mike 5 times
on 122.8 and lit up every runway with pilot controlled lighting in the
southwestern USA. Monte Vista just happened to be the one at 12 O'clock.

San Luis Regional with a jet capable runway and terminal facilities was at
10 O'clock and about the same distance but, oh well, that's how it goes some
days.

Bill Daniels