Old January 11th 05, 05:08 PM
Ross Richardson

Now that is interesting. When I purchased this aircraft it had the oil
screen instead of the spin on oil filter. The vernitherm was located in
that casting. When I installed the spin on oil filter adapter the
vernitherm was transfered to the adapter. I am not sure of the
temperature rating. How do I tell the rating of the vernitherm since it
is not in the cooler?

Mike Rapoport wrote:

"Ross and Paula Richardson" wrote in message

You should check the rating on the vernitherm which is usually mounted on
the side of the cooler. It should have a rating on it. My Helio Courier
has low oil temp too but only because the vernitherm is a 165F unit. I am
thinking about replacing it with a 180F unit. You need to do this before
experimenting with blocking off part of the oil cooler.

Mike
MU-2