Old April 24th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default What's your "fair share"? Was: Avgas Where is the ceiling?

On 2006-04-24, Jay Honeck wrote:
Now, do I really think that this guy EARNED that much money? Nope --
not by a long shot.

He charged what the market would bear for his services -- that's how the
free market worked (sure, the health system has plenty of distortions,
but doctor's pay is not one of them: reduce doctors pay to what you
think they are 'earning', and you'd be hard pressed to fill the posts
because the doctors are smart enough to find somewhere else where they'd
get paid more).

Also, I'm not sure whether you miss it or not, but capitalism does need
some moderation otherwise it ends up just as bad as the old Soviet
system (for one, it tends towards monopoly which is BAD for free
markets. Yes, unmoderated capitalism can end up destroying the free
market).