Old April 23rd 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Default Talking heads

I don't believe there has ever been a female Blue Angel pilot.

IIRC, the closest they've come is having a USMC female on the team as a Fat Albert pilot.

--
Mike Kanze

"I would love to change the world, but I can't find a diaper large enough."

- Anonymous

"J.D. Baldwin" wrote in message ...

In the previous article, Jim wrote:
The more they ramble the more anyone with any aviation background
recognizes these folks haven't a clue. For example; who went down?
Well let's see the aircraft are numbered 1 thru 6. Which one isn't
on the flightline?

I heard the Fox guy WHO HAS FLOWN WITH THEM say they do airshow
maneuvers in excess of Mach 1. Yeah, okay.

And the CNN website has been saying all day that the last crash
involving the Blues was in 1999. (It was, in fact, in 2004.)

And other assorted boneheaded errors that could have been resolved by
going to any credible source. Like, say, Wikipedia.

Also either Fox or CNN couldn't decide whether or not one of the
pilots might have been a woman. Believe the Blue Angels home page
could answer that really quickly.

To be fair to Fox, one of the female correspondents asked the guy
doing the actual reporting whether there were women (because he kept
saying things like "these men") and he said, No, not at the moment
there aren't.

And in fairness to both Fox and CNN and others who didn't have basic
info that could be gotten from www.blueangels.navy.mil, that page has
been getting *slammed* since the story broke. Seeing as it is being
served up by Microsoft web servers (according to Netcraft), it's no
surprise that a high load has brought the service to its knees.

I don't believe there has ever been a female Blue Angel pilot. (One
of their MOs is a woman, and they have lots of female enlisted.) I
think the first female Hornet pilots are just getting senior enough
that they're being looked at for those billets now.
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also