Old March 19th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

Default Types of currency

On Mar 18, 5:25 pm, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:

Speaking respectfully, stop searching the Internet and get familar with your
FAR/AIM. For today's subject, start at 61.57.

Vaughn

I did. I read the whole thing before posting the topic. I don't fly
gliders, but from what I know, it would be weird to just go out, get
towed up and come right back 3 times for the purpose of landing
currency. I figured there might be some kind of exception for gliders,
considering I couldn't find any mention via a google search of anyone
doing such a thing. Same goes for balloon piloting.

But anyways, the reason I made this post is because I'm working of a
webapp similar to logshare, but with a bit more features and a better
UI. I'm currently working on a routine that determines currency for
each category/class/tailwheel combo one could ever need. I'm trying to
get a feel for what is needed and what is not. Should I waste my time
writing a single-engine Powered Life currency routine? Do those even
exist? What about a multi-engine weight-shift currency routine? Glider
night currency? According to the FAR's it should be needed to fly a
glider at night, but do people even fly gliders at night? Do blimp
pilots need 3 landings at night to take passengers at night?

I've only flown airplanes, so when it comes to "exotic" categories,
I'm clueless. I really wish the FAA would publish somewhere a list of
all recognized categories and classes of aircraft...