Old June 14th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Roger Conroy[_2_]

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

"tankfixer" wrote in message
In article z484k.1094$L03.864@edtnps92,
says...
The unit cost for A-10's is quoted at roughly US $10-15
million on the sites I found. All I know is that the F-22 unit cost is
somewhere north of US $100 million (the Air Force says $142 million on
their
factsheet but who knows which unit cost that is) and the F-35 unit cost
is
also over US $100 million.

That A-10 cost was probably for the lst ones built, way back when ??

I can FEDLOG the M35 2-1/2 ton truck and get a price. Last Time I
checked a M35A2 was $47,000 or so..
But you can't order any new ones because the production line is long
gone.

--

"Oh Norman, listen! The loons are calling!"
- Katherine Hepburn, "On Golden Pond"

Don't worry, according to Mr. O'Hara's logic, as long as you've still got
the original paper napkin sketch, starting up a production line is easy!
What an idjit!