Old June 8th 15, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Jet turbine reliability

On Monday, June 8, 2015 at 11:44:48 AM UTC+2, wrote:
I'm not the least little bit interested in retrieve only jets. As a friend of mine once said about the turbo concept: 10% of the utility and 90% of the trouble of a self launcher.

It's rather 10% of the trouble, at least with the many selflaunchers and turbos I know of. A Solo 2350 can run many years with minimal maintenance and no major issues, something that doesn't seem to happen with selflaunchers very often...