Old February 2nd 19, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default K8b restoration

At 01:29 02 February 2019, John Foster wrote:
I was given a junked K8b due to water damage to the wood at the wing

root
a=
nd multiple tears in the original fabric and chipped/peeling paint.
Howeve=
r, it looks like it may be restorable (worth it, that's another story).
An=
yway, I'm interested to know if there is an online repair manual that

lays
=
out the specific techniques of repairing or replacing wood in the wings,
an=
d specifications on what type of wood to be used, etc. I looked around
and=
found the list of ADs, but nothing that laid out what I am looking for.
I=
've contacted Schleicher as well, but they simply directed me to a link

on
=
their website, that didn't really give the information I needed. This is
a=
certified glider, and I'd like to keep it that way, as I'm hoping to use
i=
t as a club glider.

As a general guide download "Standard Repairs to Gliders" from the BGA
website. It's in the Airworthiness section of their library, in a number
of
chapters.

Link to chapter 1: https://members.gliding.co.uk/wp-
content/uploads/sites/3/2015/04/1430312226_Section%201.pdf

Specific information on the Ka8 has to come from Schleicher.