Old May 12th 05, 09:26 PM
Peter Duniho

"John Galban" wrote in message
ups.com...
Exactly! It has now been demonstrated that two people flying a
trainer with the destructive power of a Mini Cooper can bring the U.S.
government to a grinding halt.

It's worse than that. It has now been demonstrated that if you want to get
all the folks in the Capitol Building all grouped together out in the street
where they are sitting ducks for a guy with an assault rifle, all you have
to do is fly a Cessna 150 into the area.

[...]
When I contrast yesterday's embarrasment with the real threats that
troops are expected to face daily in Iraq, I am convinced that we have
become a nation of cowards.

Andrew says we are governed by cowards. Granted, some of our government may
be. However, I am convinced that others (and especially those in positions
of greater power) are simply using fear to achieve their own underhanded
goals.

On the bright side, a Washington State US Representative, Jim McDermott, was
quoted on the evening news last night, saying basically "all of this panic
is stupid" (I'm paraphrasing...he said it much better). Obviously, not all
of our government is buying into the scare tactics. There may be hope yet.

Pete