Old August 2nd 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ed Winchester[_2_]

Default xcsoar

Papa3 wrote:
On Jul 29, 3:42 pm, Brad wrote:
the latest release of XC Soar is out, as of today. I've loaded it on
to myiPAQ310 and am giving it a go. Won't be able to fly with it for
a bit, but in the sim mode on the couch it looks pretty cool!

available he

www.bware.it/xcsoar

Brad

Hey Gang,

Looking at this as a possible solution for our Grob 103 syndicate.
Seems as though the XC Soar website is temporarily inop, so here's a
question. How do log files work when running XC Soar on a 310? I'm
assuming that the logging rate and other parameters are
configurable? What have been your experiences using the 310 as an
unapproved logger?

P3

P3 and gang,

I don't have the HP 310, instead a Nokia 500, but using the 5.2.3F-b4
version, which was the latest at the time, I recorded my Gold distance
flight on 5/17. Looking at that file, it appears to record every 2
seconds. Looking at the current version, a9, I see that the logging
rate is configurable from 1 to 8 seconds, with different settings being
possible for cruise and circling flight. Just for info purposes, this
flight of 3 hours 14 minutes took 230k bytes to store, and contained
6358 records.

It's a great program, and I don't know what else one could want. I'm
curious about the display brightness with the 310, however. Can anybody
provide any data for that?

Thanks,
Ed